Transformed from reclaimed mines, mud puddles and an abandoned cement plant, the 11th Jiangsu Horticulture Expo launched its newly opened Jiangsu Garden Expo park on April 16th, 2021. Combining modern technology with Chinese traditional ancient building and garden modelling, the Park covers an area of 3.45 square kilometers.
The Park’s garden landscape is spread over 2.54 million square meters of diverse garden designs such as vertical gardens, terrace gardens, flower gardens built on mountain slopes.
See an unusual view of the park from here
- 100% automated remote control irrigation system with a server located in mainland China
- Communication method: A mix of GPRS, Radio and Wireline communication
- Realtime monitoring of the system’s flow, water pressure, soil moisture, water level of water source and weather sensors
- Ability to integrate the irrigation system through API connection into the Park Management Control Platform which was specially developed for the project
- The ability to irrigate by both time and quantity
- Ability to generate monthly, quarterly and yearly reports of water accumulation
THE MOTTECH SOLUTION
In order to meet the client’s demand, Mottech has supplied a system consisting of 2-wire decoders & Piccolo RTU as well as wireless Piccolo XRs acting as end units connected to the valves in the field. The Decoders, RTUs and XRs are controlled by IRRInet controllers which were installed in the pump houses and in the field. Each mainline was connected to a water meter, enabling flow monitoring, as well as enabling the client to irrigate by quantity. Pressure sensors, soil moisture sensors, water level sensors and a full Mottech weather station were installed in the field, transferring of the sensor data back to the center via the IRRInet ACE controllers and via API to the park’s management platform.
An ICCPRO server software was installed on the client’s cloud server. Through API connection, Mottech enabled the client to integrate the ICCPRO software into the park’s dedicated management platform, thus enabling the client to operate the irrigation system from their own platform.
THE PROJECT IN NUMBERS
IRRInet ACE Controllers: 30
2-Wire Decoders: 448
Piccolo RTU: 63
Piccolo XR: 4
Pump Houses: 3
Mottech Weather Station: 1
Water Pressure Sensors: 6
Water level Sensor: 2
Soil Moisture Sensors: 98