Mottech Soil Moisture & Temperature Sensor
Integrate the moisture and temperature measurement.
The stainless steel probe is inserted into soil surface or soil profile to test soil moisture and temperature quickly. Moisture measurement part is designed on the basis of the principle of FDR, by measuring the dielectric constant of the soil in order to measure the volume of the soil moisture content, temperature part adopts precision platinum resistance element, the product built-in drift calibration and temperature compensation circuit, can adapt to most applications.
The probe can be permanently embedded underground and be connected to one of the field control units that will transfer the information to the cloud.
The Soil Moisture & Temperature Sensor can be connected directly to any controller in Mottech’s system via analog input or Mottech Smart Card.
Soil properties affect little
Directly buried in soil
- Agriculture irrigation
- Water conservation
- Environment monitoring
- Soil testing
-30°C - +70°C
4-20mA ,0-5V,0-2V,RS485 optional
Effective measurement area
With the center of the probe diameter is 70mm, high 70mm cylinder
71*45*16mm( probe:2* Ø3*55mm,1*Ø4*55mm)
-40°C - +80°C
316L stainless steel
- Testing medium should be with uniform intensity.
- If surface soil water content measurement, the sensor should be insert into soil vertically. Do not shake the sensor when inserted, otherwise the probe will be blended;
- If multi-layer soil water content measurement, the sensor should be buried in the soil and parallel to the ground. Make sure the probe not be blended;
- When removing sensors from the soil, please hold the sensor housing shell and do not forcibly pull on the cable. Soil on probes should be brushed tightly.
- Please keep the sensor in dry & clean conditions.