Yugpoliv Korolev Agro company, Mottech partners in the Russian Federation’s agricultural market, has installed a control system for irrigation in a 146-hectare located in Krasnodar district farm of apple orchard.
Mottech’s control system allows remote control of the irrigation valves, water pumps and fertilization systems. The system also allows the connection of weather station, soil sensors and pressure sensors.
The installation work of Yugpoliv Korolev Agro, included:
- Installation of Piccolo XR units near the field valves
- Installation of the main controller – IRRInet M
- Installation of external antennas for the Piccolo XR units *
- Installing ICC PRO control Software
- Electrical and wiring works
- Integration of all system components by the ICC PRO software
- Training of the farm staff
Mottech system includes: ICC PRO server, IRRInet M-DC with PIU and 22 Piccolo XR’s units. In the near future this project will be expanded by an additional 40 XR units and another IRRInet M unit with PIU
* Mottech/Motorola system is one of the few that does not require a line of sight between the central unit (IRRInet M) and the satellites units (Piccolo XR). Installation of external antennas for the Piccolo XR is sometimes required in case of problematic topography or in cases where it is preferable to avoid the case that the growth of the trees will cause communication disruptions of one of the units. Some of our distributors install an external antenna in any case so as not to run into such a problem after several years