Mottech Soil Moisture Sensor
Mottech Soil Moisture sensor is a high accuracy, high sensitivity of soil moisture measuring instrument.
The product on the principle of electromagnetic pulse (FDR: Frequency Domain Reflectometry)
to measure the dielectric constant of the soil, stainless steel probe is inserted into the soil surface or soil profile to quickly online measurement of soil volumetric moisture content, the method is the most popular method of soil moisture measurement. It can be used permanently embedded in the soil.Soil moisture sensor can be widely applied to the soil moisture monitoring, water-saving irrigation, greenhouse control, fine agriculture, hydrology and meteorology, and other fields, road monitoring.
The Mottech Soil Moister Sensor can be connected directly to any controller in Mottech’s
system via analog input or Mottech Smart Card.
Four 316L needle probe
Is not affected by chemical fertilizer & the influence of metal ions
- Agriculture irrigation
- Water conservation
- Environment monitoring
- Soil testing
0-100%, 0-50%, 0-30%
4-20mA, 0-5V, 0-2V, RS485 optional
Effective measurement area
With the center of the probe diameter is 70mm, high 70mm cylinde
316L stainless steel
Dimension & Mounting
Adjust the balance foot screws to ensure that it is in a horizontal position. Using three fastening screws to fix this three support legs at the platform to keep the entire apparatus at an optimum level , which ensure the accuracy of rainfall data.delivery pipe.
This recording and tipping cycle continues with rainfall.
- Testing medium should be with uniform intensity.
- If surface soil water content measurement, the sensor should be insert into soil vertically. Do not shake the sensor when inserted, otherwise the probe will be blended.
- If multi-layer soil water content measurement, the sensor should be buried in the soil and parallel to the ground. Make sure the probe not be blended.
- When removing sensors from the soil, please hold the sensor housing shell and do not forcibly pull on the cable. Soil on probes should be brushed tightly.
- Please keep the sensor in dry & clean conditions.