The Piccolo RTU is a small sized unit which consists of an electronic board and a 3-way latched solenoid, packed in an IP65 plastic housing.
The unit energizes one latched solenoid and receives two digital inputs such as: water meter contact, level transducer, pressure gauge etc.
The Piccolo RTU is connected in series on a 2 wire standard cable for a distance of up to 10 km to an IRRInet Single Cable module.
Up to 63 Piccolo RTUs may be hooked up along the cable. The Piccolo RTU is powered from the communication cable (no need for other power supply), which is connected to the Single Cable module mounted in the IRRInet unit.
- 4 mA in operation mode
- 0.4 mA in standby mode
- 2 digital inputs: “dry” contact: <10 KΩ = closed,> 50 KΩ =opened
- 1 output: 32-40V DC, 200 ms pulse
- -30 ºC to +60 ºC (-22 ºF to +140 ºF)
- Up to 95% RH @ 50 ºC (non-condensing)
- Private, fast and reliable communication
- Line communication – without additional costs
- The cable is the energy source for the piccolo RTU
- Commands to the local low-powered latched solenoid.
- Two data inputs from sensors transmitted to the IRRInet over the wires, via the Single Cable module.