Control & Management Systems
Motorola control and monitoring solutions for agricultural irrigation are based on the well proven IRRInet platform. Specifically configured to match the needs of farmers, growers and agricultural organizations, this robust and reliable irrigation control system enables monitoring and control over an unlimited number of field valves. Mottech’s status as a Motorola master distributor enables us to bring Motorola’s innovative and reliable products to every farmer’s fingertips. In a world experiencing serious water shortages, smart and accurate irrigation is no longer a luxury — it is an essential operational and cost-reducing requirement.
The IRRInet-based solutions for efficient agricultural irrigation are uniquely designed and tailored to match the specific requirements of each site they are deployed at. Tested and proven the world over, these solutions monitor and control centralized, computerized large-scale water and irrigation schemes — remotely and automatically.
- Monitoring & Control Capabilities
Specifically configured to match the needs of farmers, growers and agricultural organizations, this robust and reliable irrigation and water supply control system enable monitoring and control over an unlimited number of field valves, water meters, water pumps, fertilizers, sensors, etc.
- Constant control, total reliability and operational efficiencies
The Motorola control system is a high-performance solution for efficient control of water systems based on Motorola’s latest-generation IRRInet platform. Offering the best value for money, this user-friendly and easy-to-use system enables professional and centralized remote management and control over distributed systems of any scale.
- Tailor-made solutions
Each system is uniquely designed and configured according to specific requirements, based on standard state-of-the-art, off-the-shelf equipment. The easy to use, modular and flexible IRRInet system can be expanded according to dynamic operational needs, enabling monitoring and control over an unlimited number of field RTU’s
- Full synchronize between the water supply system and the irrigation system
- Remote and accurate irrigation and fertilizer
- Reduced expenses on water, energy and manpower
- Increased yield
- Easy and cost effective maintenance
- Mobile phone system operation & monitoring
The Motorola System consists of a central server with ICC PRO, IRRInet field controllers and various RTUs operating the remote I/Os.
A reliable communication infrastructure for remote management of the IRRInet System can be established using a variety of communication methods including cellular, private radio communication, landline, and the Internet.
The easy-to-use, modular and flexible IRRInet system can be expanded according to growing needs, enabling monitoring and control over an unlimited number of field RTUs.
The IRRInet system is supplied as a fully assembled solution with all required components, and ensures flexible deployment of all remote terminal units (RTUs). The IRRInet has a unique Data Store and Forward feature, enabling wide-area coverage and automatic rerouting of failed messages to redundant communication link. In addition the IRRInet enables remote diagnostics and remote download/upload of programs.
The IRRInet Control System by Mottech is comprised of the following key components:
• ICC PRO irrigation central management software tools
• Two-way wire line/wireless communication system
• IRRInet field controllers
• Remote Terminal Units (RTU):
Piccolo XR – two-way radio communication system
Single Cable Piccolo – two way wire line communication system
A reliable communication infrastructure for remote management of the IRRInet System can be established using a variety of communication methods including private radio communication, landline, cellular, fiber optic and the Internet.
The IRRInet for effective and automated monitoring & control
The Motorola IRRInet is the ideal choice for monitoring and controlling irrigation and fertilizer systems, delivering accurate, reliable and relevant data from multiple remote sites. It is designed to:
• Automatically irrigate and fertilize via remote control in a timely manner
• Detect faulty valves and water leakages
• Automatically activate and deactivate stations, pumps and electrical devices
• Interface with sensors and measuring devices
• Accept a variety of I/O expansion modules
The IRRInet system is supplied as a fully assembled solution including all required components.
The IRRInet ensures flexible deployment of all remote terminal units (RTUs).
The IRRInet has a unique Data Store and Forward feature, enabling wide-area coverage and automatic rerouting of failed messages to redundant communication link. In addition the IRRInet enables remote diagnostics and remote download/upload of programs.
The ICC PRO Platform is:
- Reliable – Tested and proven system for schemes of any scale
- Efficient – Integrating Motorola equipment into a comprehensive system solution and enabling remote control and management over all respective field controllers
- Secure – Allowing only authorized personnel to access the system and databasegraphical interface provides advanced management capabilities for operating the ICC irrigation platform via a user-friendly graphical interface.
- automatic changes The ICC PRO allows accurate and automatic daily changes of water and fertilizer quantities for turf and landscape irrigation based on professional parameters and calculation processes.
- Water budget – The advanced calculation engine of the ICC PRO automatically allocates water budgets to each valve according to any of the following operational parameters:
– Daily evapotranspiration (ET) rates
– Statistical agricultural constants per each vegetation type
– Plot size
– Time interval between irrigation cycles with hydraulic efficiency factor per valve
– Operational factor per vegetation type
The inherent advantages associated with the ICC PRO and IRRInet solutions are based on the seamless integration between the platform’s communication and control systems. Due to its distributed architecture logic and control capabilities, this robust system puts each field controller within the operator’s easy reach and is systematically managed and remotely controlled via the smart and efficient control center.
Consequently, farmers can:
- Increase crop yields and quality, while saving on operational costs and labor.
- Automatically and accurately irrigate and fertilize (irrigate + fertilize = fertigate) crops by remote control with exactly the right quantity, at exactly the right time, activating specific valves.
- Easily plan water budgets according to advanced agricultural parameters.
- Reduce water consumption; optimize the use of fertilizers, and minimize energy costs.
- Manage the irrigation process from practically anywhere – whether from the office, from home or on the road via mobile phone
- Immediately detect any system irregularities and leaks online, and receive real-time reports (even to mobile phones by SMS) while an automated response is taking place.
- Complete monitoring and control over the entire water management
- Operation Secure – Allowing system access to authorized personnel only
- OPC compatibility option (Open Connectivity) for allowing users to integrate the system with other systems
Installation and Support
The IRRInet systems are supplied fully assembled designed for easy and fast installation. This durable solution is built to last for many years of non-stop operation under harsh environmental conditions.
All IRRInet systems are installed by our global team of highly qualified field technicians, and supported by local teams of Mottech’s VARs and dealers. Additional support is provided via a remote help desk and remote operation services.
Mottech Value Added Re-sellers and dealers can provide farmers with a uniquely effective “one-stop solution” presenting a reliable, comprehensive, and cost-effective water and irrigation control system. Designed and manufactured according to Motorola’s and Mottech’s highest standards the systems are supplied to VARs fully-assembled, configured, and tested.
Our services include high level technical support and consulting in irrigation system design to VARs, dealers, and farmers.
Irrigation scheme designers are invited to contact Mottech directly or engage to the local Mottech VARs for any design advice as well as technical support.
- Low impact implementation
- Long term system durability
- Professional on-site and remote support
Contact us for more information regarding Mottech Agriculture Irrigation Control & Management Solutions